Seishin Clinical Hypnotherapy and Hypnobirthing (referred to in this notice as Seishin)
Therapist: Andrea Burton
Who we are and how we process your personal data: Seishin complies with their obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing (and destroying it) securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To deliver the services that clients have requested;
- To contact those clients as necessary in accordance with the services they have requested;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
In the event that our recorded data is utilised for meeting our own supervision requirements, all such data will be sufficiently anonymised to the extent that individual clients cannot be identified. Should a client indicate during the opt-in process that their data should not be used for these purposes, we would refrain from using that data.
Individual client data will never be passed to a third party without the express consent of the respective client. Nor will data be passed on to a third party for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to pass on data to the emergency services should we believe that the therapist’s own safety or that of the client, the client’s family, or other members of the public are at risk.
In accordance with Seishin’s need to maintain the possibility of access to client data as a result of returning clients or those who may wish to lodge a complaint in respect of our professional services to either our professional body or our insurers, we retain client data for a minimum period of 7 years. For clients under the age of 18, data will be retained until their 25th birthday.
Our Lawful Basis for processing client personal data: The client has given clear consent for Seishin to process their personal data for a specific purpose. Further, the processing is necessary for both the client’s and Seishin’s legitimate interests.
Your rights and your personal data: Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Seishin holds about you;
- The right to request that Seishin corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Seishin to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. (See below).
Complaints Notice: The client has the right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data (see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/).
Click here to return to the Home page.